Thursday, April 24, 2014

Lucky 7


This week waiting has been hell. I was not prepared for how stressful it was going to be to wait to see how many of my embryos were going to make it to day 5 for freezing and pgd testing.  My clinic is very picky about the embryos that make it to blast.  Quality.  That is what they have preaching to me. But how could I not get wrapped up in the numbers of it.  My embryologist told me last week they expect 80% of all embryos to arrest before day 5.  We had awesome day 1 fert report.  25 retrieved, 24 mature, 21 fertilized.  But of those 21 we knew we were going to lose a lot. If we were with statistics we should have lost 16 and been left with 5.  While that should be plenty that is still scary for someone who has had losses.  But we ended up on the higher end of statistics and got 7 beautiful high quality embryos.   I can't complain about that!

Now my 7 embies wait.  They were biopsied and sent to a lab to be PGD tested.  To make sure all the chromosomes are the right number.  We do not want to transfer an embryo that will end in miscarriage. Even though my embies are high quality blast by looking at them... only pgd will tell us if they are normal.  So we have to wait a week to find out.  It is all out of our hands.

I am not into lucky numbers but I do have favorite numbers.  I do know that 7 plays a significant  role biblically and is considered the "perfect" number and the "luckiest" number.  I hope it turns out to be for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment