Monday, December 17, 2012

Beta Day

Today I went in for my first Beta ( pregnancy blood test).  Now I sit and wait by the phone to get the call that will tell me if this IUI cycle was successful. I could have tested with a urine test today and gotten a pretty good indicator, but I couldn't.  I am tired on peeing on strips of paper that never get that beautiful second line.  Having a nurse call me and tell me it was a bust isn't  good either.  This cycle only has a 20-25% chance of working. I have had a ton of symptoms the past few days that I am trying not to think about.  I am on progesterone pills so I am blaming them for every cramp, sore boobs, lack of period, nausea etc... Getting pregnant on my first IUI cycle and the week before Christmas just seems to good to be true.

My amazing husband has been so supportive.  He keeps me grounded and loves me so much.  I am so very blessed.  I know he is just as anxious to find out as I am.  I wish I could give him the best Christmas ever, but it is out of my control. God has a plan, his timing is perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment