Thursday, April 3, 2014

Frumpy

So I have realized that I have turned into a total frump.  My frumpiness has just evolved over the past two years and I was trying to think back as to what is the cause and really there are so many reasons this has happened. I am trying to figure out who/what to blame.

 So here is my blame list:

1.  I got married.  I got the guy so I don't need to impress men anymore. I don't need flirty dresses, short skirts or cute tops that show off my boobs. My husband can't keep his hands off me no matter what I wear so I might as well be comfortable.

2.  I got married.  I have to explain my purchases now. The husband doesn't hound me about my
purchases but I am more hesitant to spend money when he may ask me about it.

3. I got married. My husband is not frugal on anything but his own clothes.  Seriously the man wears clothes that are falling apart at times.  He doesn't have to dress up for work which is fine but seriously he is SO CHEAP when it comes to buying clothes for himself.  I think this has rubbed off on me in a negative way. We are now the "frumpy couple" I am afraid.

4. I got married.  I spend almost all my free time with my husband. I hardly do anything with my friends other than the occasional lunch date or birthday dinner.  They say girls dress to impress their girlfriends and well since I am now lacking in that department I have no one to go shopping with or talk about fashion with etc.. 

5. I got married and started TTC.  I have spent the past two years so obsessed with getting pregnant I haven't had the mental energy to work on my "style".  I have to track my CM and order my ovualtion strips which takes precedence on looking at fashion magazines or shopping.

6.  TTC. Feeling totally betrayed by my bodies inability to get and stay pregnant has giving me pretty low self esteem.  I am not happy with my body on so many levels.  Not just physically but biologically. 

7. TTC.  I refuse to buy new clothes because I want desperately to buy maternity clothes. So I hold out and don't buy anything.  After 2 years my closest has seen better days.

8. TTC  Between the immune issues, hormone injections, pregnancy loss, mild depression etc... I have put on weight.  I have lost weight then gained ... up and down etc...   My body is tired.  Most of my clothes don't fit.  Most are too small and some are too big.   Most days I wear what is clean and fits that day. 

So those are the reasons.... split pretty 50/50 on the blame.  But getting married and infertility has not been kind to my fashion sense at all.  I gotta do something about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment