Monday, February 3, 2014

So over Winter!

So it snowed last night.  It was about 2 inches and not a pretty snow mind you but more of an ice/snow mixture that is really good for nothing.  Normally I would be all for any kind of wintry weather but this year I am so ready for spring! Right now I am in a season of waiting. I know my IVF was just cancelled 3 weeks ago and I just picked my donor 2 weeks ago, but geez louise time seems like it is at a freakin standstill!  Donor should cycle mid February- egg retrieval will be in early March and FET will be in early April most likely.  That seems like an eternity.

DH went and got his blood work done last week.  They just want to make sure he isn't a carrier for anything and get his blood type since we didn't know.  I tried to get any info I could from the donor nurse and coordinator about what is going on... but nothing is going on so they had nothing to tell me.  They just said "No news is good news!"  For me that isn't true though.... no news means that my mind is going crazy thinking the very worst.  We are waiting on Oklahoma ( the nickname I have given the donor since that is where she lives) to get her period so she can do her Day 3 bloodwork and get cleared to start.  She should start around the 10th so I bet I won't hear a word until sometime next week.  It is so weird that I am so concerned/interested hoping for someone else to get her period.  I haven't looked at Oklahoma's donor profile since DH and I solidified our decision.  I just didn't need to. Today I looked at it just so I could confirm her blood type.  We didn't consider this when we picked her but as DH and I were talking we realized that this could be problematic down the road.  Good news is that she has my husbands blood type so all in the clear there!  One less thing to worry about!

So to pass time all I can do is stay busy.  Work is crazy busy right now and will be for awhile.  At home I am just coming up with a list of projects to get done and making myself do it.  I am also gonna look for a new Netflix series to help keep me off the internet will I will google everything IVF/DE related for hours.  I know I should live in the moment and enjoy this time but i want to be pregnant like yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment