Thursday, May 15, 2014

We have a transfer date!!

Went for my lining check yesterday.  This is where they do an ultrasound to determine the thickness of your lining to make sure it is ready for implantation.  They also check for any cysts etc that could cause any problems.  I was nervous.  Never had lining issues before but I know in the Infertility world that another issue or delay could pop out of nowhere.  GOOD NEWS!  My lining was an 11!  They want to see it over 8 so 11 was great!  They also did not see anything else to be of concern at this point.  So we have a transfer date..... TUESDAY!

One thing I was unprepared for was that my RE has a strict 48 bed rest protocol.  That puts me out of work for three days.  I can swing it I just wasn't really prepared!  I am going to have to call in with a major "stomach bug" for people to buy it. 

I also started PIO ( Progesterone in Oil) injections and continue to take estrogen.  I will take these shots until I am ten weeks pregnant. Every night. I usually do shots myself but since this one is in the rear and I can't see it I decided the husband was going to have to do it.  This is huge for me to give up control of the shots.  I was scared it would be a debacle but he did a good job.  Didn't hurt too bad.  I know that in a few weeks I will barely be able to sit because the injection sites will welt up, but sitting on a heating pad last night helped.

 One reason I wanted him to o the injections is because in the past he hasn't been that involved with my cycles.  He sees all the needles etc, but I rarely gave myself the shots in front of him. I feel like he was a bit detached from the whole process. I go to most appointments by myself etc...  I want him to understand more about the process and what I am going through so maybe he will be a bit more.... grateful?  Understanding?  I am not trying to knock the Husband... he is amazing and supportive but if we are being honest a bit ignorant about everything.  Plus when I bitch about how it hurts or I am tired of the shots he will actually have a clue and give me a pass. 


TUESDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment