Monday, March 10, 2014

A Good Bath


( Disclaimer: That isn't me or my bath tub)

So in order to foster relaxation and create more intimacy the husband and I have started taking baths. Together.  It's nice.  Although we have totally different temperature preferences it is really relaxing.  I like scalding hot bath that makes you all pink and toasty.  He like a cooler bath. ( To me it is COLD) He wins for now since we need to keep his swimmers nice and cool for now.  We have a HUGE tub that easily fits us both although there are the awkward getting in and out moments.  We put in some scented oils and some bubbles and get the jet's going.  Ahhh so nice.  We even added some candles and soft music and we just hang out in there for about an hour and rest and talk.  I have always loved a bath.  In my single days I use to frequently take a long hot bath and bring a good book. For some reason when I got married I just stopped doing it.  Now the baths are almost addicting!  I even secretly want to get in with a good book by myself but I think the husband actually loves them even more than me so he would probably get upset if I did it alone.  Last night he wanted to bring some strawberries in there!  I convinced him it would be too soggy and messy. Ha!

Trying to enjoy these times with him.  I know they will be few and far between when we have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment