Friday, August 15, 2014

Pregnancy is not glamorous

So one thing I have learned about pregnancy in general is that it is pretty much the most unglamorous thing in the world.  The ads with pregnant women in them are about as realistic as the Victoria's Secret models.  Beautiful well put together soon to be  mama's with perfect hair and skin glowing looking down while holding her perfect baby bump.    Reality is a real pregnant woman is nothing like this woman.

Real pregnant women... As I have observed and now experienced
1. Have dark circles under their eyes because they are so tired
2.  Have pale dull skin because they can't stand to be outside in the heat and they have been throwing up so much they look a bit "sickly". 
3. If there is any glow it is really just sweat because you feel so freakin hot all the time due to the hormones.
4.  Discuss poop ( or the inability to poop) with their husbands and best friends.  Ok maybe I am the only one that does that, but I doubt it.
5.  Don't have the perfect cute bump.  My twin bump just looks like I am fatter. I know it will get more bumpish but honestly it isn't cute.
6. Confused about what to wear... too big for regular clothes and not big enough for maternity wear makes for interesting and sad outfit choices.
7. Swell.  Cankles anyone. yep.
8. Grunt.  Yeah getting up and down I have started grunting.   I sound like an old man getting out of bed. I am sure my husband finds it so sexy.
9. snore. congestion due to pregnancy hormones is common and now I snore. again...not sexy.
10. Pee when you laugh... noone freakin tells you this happens!
11.  Gas.
12. Bitchy.  It's true. I try to keep my moods reasonable but there are days when it just doesn't work.
13. Pregnancy brain. I will have to share in a later post about all the dumb ass things I have done recently.

oh I am sure I can thing of about 10 more things.. but I am tired and suddenly craving ice gold milk....


No comments:

Post a Comment