Monday, February 18, 2013

IUI#3 CANCELLED

So I went in on Saturday (cd8) to check on my three follies. Since the RE had bumped my meds up quite a bit, I was hopeful that all three were going to be maturing so we would have a greater chance with our IUI.    We had named our three follies  Alvin, Simon and Theador.  I was so hopeful.  Sandy the sonographer (who is super nice and encouraging) checked me and then devastation. One of those little suckers (Alvin I presume) sucked up all the meds!  On CD 8 he was measured at 22! Simon was only a 12 and Theador was nowhere to be found. What in the heck!  They checked my hormones and the nurse then told me that we needed to cancel the IUI.  Alvin wasn't going to wait and being that there was only him remaining we should save out money. ( This cycle has already cost us 1200.00)

Just goes to show that more medicine isn't always better... I was pretty upset and cried a lot when I got home.  That is how this road goes I suppose.  Just when you think something is going well... BAM! Devastation. My amazing husband was so kind and loving.  I just feel like a failure.  Like it is all my fault somehow.

We still have a shot this month with Alvin, but I am not too hopeful.  I know God can do anything, but I have this feeling this bumpy road will end no time soon.  But I will take this road with as much grace as possible.  God's got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment