Monday, February 4, 2013

IUI #1 BFN

BFN- Big Fat Negative

(BFN is a common acronym used in trying to get pregnant chat rooms etc... )

IUI #1 was a bust... statistically I knew it should be, but you always hold out hope.  We were really praying for a Christmas miracle.  I tried not going there in my head... trying not to imagine telling our families on as the best Christmas present ever.  I didn't focus on it, but it was there in the back of my mind.  So the day came to take the blood test.  I didn't take a test at home, I was too nervous.  I was out Christmas shopping at Nordstrom when the nurse called.... "Sorry Miss_ you are not pregnant".  Yeah that will take away your Christmas Spirit.  I cried a little softly then texted my husband.  I didn't want him coming home thinking he was going to get great news and be disapointed.  He was so sweet and comforting. Physically, mentally and emotionally I was wiped out. 

We had already decided that due to the Christmas/ New Years break that we would take a break and start again in January.  It was a good decision.  Christmas was good.  It wasn't particularly happy, but I was with those that I loved and that loved me and that is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment