Friday, July 25, 2014

12 weeks 3 days


First tri is almost in the rear view mirror.  Every book and website has a different opinion about when second tri starts.  I am considering 12 weeks second tri as I am not likely to carry the twins to 37 weeks.  I hope I can though!  That is what is utmost on my mind and heart.  I want to carry these babies as long as possible and get them here safe and healthy.  Most of my fears these days revolve around preterm labor.  While ecstatic that  our first tri screen and NT tests all came back fantastic, I am still scared.  I am really trying not to dwell on the fears but I have heard several sad stories lately with both twins and singletons that are heavy on my mind.  I have to just stay focused on the positives and truths.

1. Right now everything is going as it should
2.  I have excellent medical care and I am monitored frequently
3. I have a flexible job  in case I need to slow down, bed rest etc...
4. Statistically I have a very good chance of bringing home these babies
5.  God is in control ( the most important thing to remember)

I feel so much more connected to the babies this week after seeing/hearing them.  I can't feel them yet although their presence in my life is growing!  I can't roll over in bed on my stomach without feeling my "bump" etc... This pregnancy is progressing fast!  So falling in love with them more and more also makes me realize if I were to lose them how devastating that would be. 

Next ultrasound isn't for a month.  Gonna be a long time to wait but I am going to do my best to stay positive and enjoy these little miracles inside of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment