Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Just Google it!

I have always been prepared and planned.  My family knows this yet they always seem so shocked when they find out that I am planning and preparing for my next IUI.  I try and not let their somewhat ignorant questions rattle me, but somedays I just want to scream at them.   I mean people if you don't know what an IUI is google it!  The really don't understand basic fertility terminology or treatments.  I don't mind educating them but sometimes it seems they don't want to learn they just want to make dumb comments.  God bless them.

 My least favorite thing they ask is " Are you sure you need that -that seems extreme?."  My mother said this to me the other day and I just looked at her and asked " So do you think 18 months and still no baby is normal?" Good Heavens if we go forward with IVF I might need flashcards and a powerpoint presentation to clue them all in.  Maybe I need a note from my doctor to justify my procedures...

Dear To Whom it May Concern.... Yes K is infertile and IVF is her best  and probably only choice.  Please refrain from your judgements and dumb questions.  Sincerely Dr. B.


 I love my family and friends and I am glad they know our situation their love and support is invaluable but sometimes I gotta admit...  I wish they didn't know.


We are moving forward with our last IUI then IVF no matter what anyone else thinks about it. I will do another natural cycle then call Dr. B's office for my consultation and new protocol so that we can hopefully do our IUI right after Thanksgiving.  I have a little more weight to lose but I am getting anxious to get the ball moving again.  Sure I am still hoping for another natural BFP, but not too hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment